Saturday, April 22, 2017

Insurance Update

When I started my private practice almost 2 years ago, I didn't fool with getting on insurance panels - I knew it would be a headache and decided to just use a sliding scale. However, when I went full-time with the practice, I knew I needed to go ahead and get on some insurance panels. I started the process months ago, and it has definitely been a headache. Here is where things stand.



Magellan: I have a contract and am finalizing a few details, but basically ready to bill.

Cigna: I have a contract but before I can start billing they have to check my credentials. They say it won't be more than a month (I'm not holding my breath).

Blue Cross Blue Shield: I have submitted all the documentation that I am aware of and am waiting on a decision. I do think this decision will be favorable, but don't know how much longer it will take.

Humana: They denied my initial application, but I appealed it and I think they are going to offer me a contract. Again, not sure of the timeline.

Aetna: I have submitted the initial application but haven't heard anything from them.

United: Initially they stated they are not contracting with any more psychologists in this area. I have appealed it but haven't gotten an answer.

Amerigroup: Will submit my initial application once I have a Medicaid number - they require that before they will consider an application.

Medicare: I have submitted all the paperwork and am waiting on the answer.

Medicaid: I have submitted all the paperwork here as well, so just waiting.

At the moment I think this covers it. As contracts become real I will notify folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment